Caring for your Candle
Before, During, and After lighting your Candle
- Before lighting candle trim wicks from 1/8’’ to ¼’’
- Continue trimming wicks from 1/8” to ¼” throughout candle’s life cycle
- For first time burn, allow wax to pool to the edges completely
- Only burn in increments of 3-4 hours at a time
- Discontinue use when ¼’’ of wax remains or wick clips are exposed
- See warning label on candle for additional information
- Please burn responsibly!
*Seller and manufacturer are not responsible for misuse
If your candle does is not releasing a strong fragrance:
- Move your candle to another location to avoid drafts from vents or fans
- Single wick candles are meant to be used in smaller rooms to enhance fragrance performance. Double or triple wick candles work best in larger rooms.
If you are experiencing excess soot from your candle:
- Make sure to trim your wicks and keep them trimmed regularly
- If you are still experiencing excess sooting, please trim your wick to 1/8’’
- Please ensure that your candle is not being burned near a vent or fan.
- Make sure you are not burning your candle longer than the recommended time of 3-4 hours.
*If you are experiencing excess soot and these suggestions are not working, discontinue use and contact us.
Maintaining a safe candle-burning experience
To avoid a crack in your candle:
- Make sure your wicks are trimmed to ¼’’
- Make sure your wicks are centered
- Do not exceed the recommended burn time of 3-4 hours
- Avoid drafts as they can cause wicks to veer off center, which can lead to glass overheating
*Discontinue use if wick clips are exposed or if there is only ¼’’ of wax left in your candle vessel.
Keep the wax walls away
Tunneling (walls of wax on the sides of your candle) is more apparent in the initial burn of the candle. Please burn your candle 2-3 times and make sure each burn time is in increments of 3-4 hours to allow wax to pool around the edges of the candle.
If tunneling is still apparent, proceed to burn in 3-4 increments until candle self-corrects.
Making sure your wick is always lit
If flame is self-extinguishing, please wait until wick is cool then loosen the wick fibers by twisting the wick with your fingers and relight.